The American Culinary Federation Guam chapter has new officers following a recent election for the board of directors.
The installation of officers took place during the monthly ACF Guam chapter meeting at the Dusit Thani Guam Resort on Aug. 29.
Miriam Rupley, sales director and marketing director for The Guam Daily Post and chairperson of the Nomination and Election Committee, announced the results of the election.
The officers for the ACF Guam chapter are:
• president: Miguel Moral, executive chef at Churrasco Brazilian Steakhouse;
• vice president: Leland Feng, Pacific Star Resort and Spa executive chef;
• vice president: Ray Barnes, Jamaican Grill chef;
• secretary: Marivic C. Schrage, Guam Community College assistant professor;
• secretary: Mark Ledesma, Pacific Star Resort and Spa executive sous chef; and
• treasurer: John Jones, Quality Distributors senior sales and marketing executive.
The following officers were appointed by Guam chapter president:
• sergeant-at-arms: Chalong Sakkapalangkul, executive sous chef at the Dusit Thani Guam Resort;
• sergeant-at-arms: Chef Kennylyn Miranda, Guam Community College; and
• public relations officer: Chef Regine Olarte, GCC ProStart instructor.