The Mariana Regional Fusion Center is monitoring reports of local telephone numbers receiving calls from unusual or unexpected numbers, the center stated in a press release.
The phone numbers may begin in area code 881 or 882, or another overseas area code.
Guam Homeland Security reminds the community to follow these tips:
• Do not answer any unexpected calls from international or unusual numbers.
• If you have a missed call from an international or unusual number with only one ring, do not be tempted to call back.
• If an international or unusual number calls you with only one ring, block the number, if possible.
Following the Department of Homeland Security campaign “If You See Something, Say Something," residents are advised to report any suspicious activity or social media posts through the following:
• MRFC online: https://mlrin.org/
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call: 671-475-0400