GTA has launched its GTA Youth Leader Program for school year 2019-2020.
The company is encouraging all high school students to apply and avail of the benefits of becoming a GTA youth leader.
According to a press release from the company, the program is in line with GTA's "hope to impact the most vital elements of our future: our youth and our environment."
"With youth empowerment at the forefront of GTA's community goals, the purpose of this program is to showcase young leaders that shine in sports, in the arts, and/or create positive change in their communities while excelling in academics."
Roland Certeza, GTA president and chief executive officer, said, “Digital technology is an excellent medium for our youth influencers to promote positive behaviors and meaningful connections."
“We are excited to give our GTA youth leaders a platform to inspire others and create meaningful interactions with their peers, while living out our GTA brand.”
The deadline to apply is Sept. 30.
Applicants for the GTA youth leaders must:
• have a 3.5 cumulative GPA;
• excel in the arts, sports, or creating a positive change in their community or school; and
• be a Guam resident and enrolled in a local high school for the academic year 2019-2020.
A student who qualifies for the program:
• receives a complimentary GTA mobile phone service and a latest Android or iPhone for one full academic school year;
• receives a $2,000 tuition scholarship in a Section 529 account with ASC Trust; and
• receives 100,000 mileage points for school year 2019-2020 to compete in approved competitions in the arts, sports or academics.
To apply, send all submissions to email@example.com.
A 30-second video entry showing why you’d be a great GTA youth leader and a letter of recommendation from an educator, coach or professional mentor are required.