From death-defying acrobatics and sky walkers to comedic clowns and fire acts, Showmakers Inc. promises an adventure that will have circusgoers clinging to the edge of their seats.
Yes, Guam. The Super American Circus is coming.
The 2019 tour brings this modern one-ring circus, which will showcase some of the best acts in the world at The University of Guam Calvo Field House in Mangilao on Nov. 8, 9 and 10.
The superhero theme and thrilling acts will include:
• Blake Wallenda from the world-renowned Wallenda Family – acrobat, daredevil, wire walker and one of the greatest sky walkers in the world;
• Martin Espana – world-renowned clown who will be performing acts on a revolving "Wheel of Danger" that's four stories high
• Tammy Firefly – with an aerial star fire act
• Ivan on the Cyr wheel and unicycle
• Sasha – foot juggling and "rolla bolla"
• Cristina and Alex, a comedy juggling act
• Vivian and Keren - aerialists on silks
• Montana – aerialist on Spanish web and violinist
• Olena – internationally acclaimed hula hoop artist
• Olex Kartukov – comic juggler and clown
• Elaine Alcorn – vocalist and ringmaster
Super American Circus Presenter Cornell “Tuffy” Nicholas comes from a family with an extensive circus history. He has produced and managed more than 5,000 shows in the U.S. and around the world.
"The satisfaction knowing that you have created something that is not only successful, but also brings happiness to people from all around the world is very rewarding," he stated.
Families will be delighted with the pre-show and intermission activities including photos with superhero characters, face painting and more. Traditional treats such as snow cones, cotton candy and popcorn also will be available.