Every year, millions of kids celebrate Halloween season with various traditions at home, school or in the community. Scoop reporters met up with several local high school students. We asked them three questions:
- What’s your costume going to be?
- What candy do you expect in your bag?
- What are unique celebrations for your family?
Here’s what our fellow teens had to say:
Atasha Bautista, John F. Kennedy High School sophomore
- “My costume will be a girl version of Harry Potter.”
- “I expect to have Sour Patch Kids because I think it’s essential in every Halloween bag.”
- “My family and I would go to the mall to go trick-or-treating because that’s usually where the candies are. In my neighborhood we rarely have trick-or-treating, so it’s ideal for us to go to a public place like the mall.”
Lois Bisnar, John F. Kennedy High School sophomore
- “My costume for this year is going to be Ash Ketchum from Pokémon. It’s actually part of an ensemble my sisters and I planned, they are dressing up as Pikachu and a Pokéball.”
- “I’m hoping to see Kit Kats and Nerds candies in my bag. They’re my favorites!
- “My family usually does trick-or-treating together with my aunts (and their families), and we eat dinner afterwards in one of my aunt’s places. When we get home, my parents and I watch a horror/thriller movie to finish off the Halloween night.”
Alexander Cuevas, John F. Kennedy High School sophomore
- “I am going to be Spider-Man.”
- “I expect Hershey’s Kisses, Twix, 3 Musketeers, and Snickers.”
- “My family doesn’t celebrate Halloween.”
Ashanti Williams, Guam High School junior
- “I wanted to be a clown this year. I try to shake things up and do new makeup looks every year”
- “I really love the mini Twix candies.”
- “My brother is really little so I love taking him trick-or-treating.”
Maya Mendoza, Guam High School junior
- “I’ll probably just be a zombie again, they’re the easiest to dress up as”
- “Milky Ways for the win.”
- “I always make sure to hit all the local haunted houses each year.”
Ashton Tatum, Guam High School junior
- “I’m going to be a witch!”
- “Oh Almond Joys, definitely.”
- “(Watching) every scary movie my parents can think of.”