Gov. Lou Leon Guerrero, after attending the mayors' inaugurations today, said the $600 economic impact payment checks, which will be funded by the federal government, could be released later this month or early February. The government of Guam is waiting for the federal government to release the money, she said. The cost could be close to $100 million if every man, woman and child on Guam gets the $600.
- Last longline fishing agent leaves
- DRT to start mailing second round of stimulus checks by next week
- Police: Victim beheaded, ex-DYA officer arrested
- Court documents: Suspect told police he was using meth inside beheading victim's apartment
- ‘We looked up to him as a father figure’
- GPD: Man decapitated, suspect arrested
- USDOL reaffirms: No PUA for those on reduced work hours
- Dad sues Hyatt after child's finger severed going down waterslide
- Senator: Official misconduct should bar GovGuam employment
- GPD: 9-year-old kidnapped in Mangilao; boy is safe
Weekly Online Poll
Poll results are published every Monday in The Guam Daily Post.