Students and employees were evacuated from classrooms at Agueda I. Johnston Middle School in Ordot Friday morning after officials reported a foul odor.
Guam Department of Education spokeswoman Isa Baza said the students were evacuated while the Guam Fire Department and GDOE safety administrators were trying to determine if it was safe to go back to the classrooms.
GFD spokesman Kevin Reilly said medics and fire personnel responded to the school at 10:18 a.m.
About an hour later, GFD stated there was a slight odor of sulfur in one of the buildings, but after conducting air sampling and monitoring, no toxic or flammable conditions were detected.
The school's staff was advised to ventilate the space over the weekend, and reassess conditions prior to the resumption of the school week on Monday.
A female student was treated at the scene for heat exposure-related symptoms and released to the school nurse for further observation, GFD stated.