The cost of a gallon of unleaded gasoline dropped 10 cents to $4.10 at 76 and Mobile gas stations Wednesday.
Competitor Shell is expected to follow suit. When one gasoline brand's price changes, companies selling the other two brands available on Guam have historically matched their competitor's new prices.
This decrease follows a 10-cent increase on July 17, when a gallon of unleaded gasoline went up to $4.20.
In June, the cost of a gallon of regular grade gas fell from a high of $4.35 down to $4.10.
Guam gets its fuel from Singapore where the price of Malaysia's benchmark crude oil Tapis in July was $69 a barrel. This month it dropped to $60 a barrel.
Prices have been decreasing stateside, but that's slowing as demand jumps to an all-time high, according to the American Automobile Association. The average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gas in the nation this week was $2.61, which is 3 cents cheaper than last week, AAA reports.
2019 price changes on Guam
• July 17: $4.20, a 10-cent increase
• June 13: $4.10, a 10-cent decrease
• June 4: $4.20, a 15-cent decrease
• April 13: $4.35, a 10-cent increase
• March 26: $4.25, a 10-cent increase
• March 14: $4.15, a 15-cent increase
• Feb. 28: $4.00, a 10-cent increase
• Jan. 7: $3.90, a 10-cent decrease