At 82, Mariquita "Tita" Calvo Leon Guerrero still makes her famed guyuria, or CHamoru jawbreaker cookies, but the COVID-19 pandemic has drastically cut her bakery's output. From making some 2,000 guyuria a day prior to the pandemic, her Santa Rita bakery is now down to once-a-week production, depending on the demand, she said. Dontana Keraskes/The Guam Daily Post
- $23.7M in tax refunds to be mailed this week
- Off-duty cop arrested in Dededo shooting
- Man high on meth threatens couple: ‘Demon, Lucifer, I’m going to kill you both’
- Feds: Marriage fraud defendant has fled Guam
- Expanded package pickup hours at Guam post offices
- Burglary suspect: ‘If nobody can have you, no one will’
- 4 years for 2 pounds of meth
- Convicted drug smuggler allegedly still using meth
- 'We are losing this fight'
- Man, 21, accused of punching 4-year-old
Weekly Online Poll
Poll results are published every Monday in The Guam Daily Post.