A third time in court for a change of plea hearing in one week was what it took for a Superior Court judge to accept the plea agreement for defendant Nickson Walter.
Walter, 50, pleaded guilty to family violence in Judge Vernon Perez's courtroom on Friday.
The first-degree criminal sexual conduct charge against Walter was dropped.
In January 2018, Walter, a level three registered sex offender, was charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct and family violence after he allegedly slapped and pushed a pregnant woman known to him to the ground before he forced her to have sex with him.
It was stated during Walter's hearing earlier this week that the victim rescinded the rape claims about a week after the allegations were made.
The plea agreement called for him to serve a year and a half in prison. With credit for the time he has spent in jail, this means Walter is scheduled to be released from the Department of Corrections next week.
"This is not a sweetheart deal," defense attorney Richard Dirkx said in an interview with The Guam Daily Post.
Dirkx said Walter will be on strict probation once he gets out of prison, which will include being supervised directly by the court.
He said Walter also could face deportation to the Federated States of Micronesia.