The life of 52-year-old Joe Blas was cut short following the head-on collision Wednesday on Route 4 near the Chaot Bridge in Sinajana. The crash also involved another vehicle whose driver, Eddie Miner Eclavea, 78, also was killed. At GTA, Blas' co-workers paid tribute to their colleague on Friday. Blas had worked at the same telecommunications company for 30 years.
Weekly Online Poll
Poll results are published every Monday in The Guam Daily Post.
- Matt Weiss | The Guam Daily Post
Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest at the 2018 Micronesian Games in Colonia, Yap, but that wasn’t the case for indoor volleyball. Due to scheduling issues, the Guam and Yap men's teams battled through a grueling five-set match at the Matson Yap Sports Complex.
- $3M in tax refunds Monday
- More cocaine, meth and guns seized in latest sting
- Dededo resident catches illegal dumping in action
- Suit alleges employer fled to avoid injured diver's claim
- CSC may investigate GMH photo used in campaign
- Pose on latte stone touches off social media debate
- Man on release arrested driving stolen motorcycle
- New Tumon BBQ spot by locals, for locals
- Officials: Furloughs inevitable
- Lieutenant governor's staffer charged after alleged excessive discipline on 8-year-old