Frederick Baza Quinene, also known as “Papa Fred,” of Canada, Barrigada, died Aug. 25 at the age of 77. Last respects will be held from 8:30-11:30 a.m. on Sept. 6 at San Dimas Catholic Church in Merizo. Mass of Christian Burial will be said at noon. Interment will follow at Merizo Cemetery.
- Couple seeks removal of concrete slabs from land
- US attorney: Yona mayor is a danger to the community
- Deployed Guam Guard soldiers deny allegations of poor living conditions
- 3,460 to benefit from first minimum wage hike
- Warden, officers placed on leave
- DOC director back to work after training, softball trip
- 2 inmates escape from prison
- UPDATE: 2 inmates who escaped from prison back in custody; they called warden to surrender
- Thousands on Guam could lose Medicaid
- DOC director cites 'human error'
Weekly Online Poll
Poll results are published every Monday in The Guam Daily Post.
- Students, teachers, community members clean up Hopwood campus
- Hotline for Supertyphoon Hagibis
- Finance chief: Enforcers are going after B&Bs that are not paying taxes
- CNMI seeks federal emergency declaration as Typhoon Hagibis approaches
- Lawmaker turns typhoon debris into beach pavilions, bus shelters