Jovencio “Joven” Castro Mortera Sr., of Harmon, died July 21 at the age of 82. Nightly rosary will be held at 7 p.m. at the Mortera’s residence in Harmon. Last respects will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Aug. 2 at Guam Memorial Park Chapel in Leyang, Barrigada. Mass of Christian Burial will be offered at noon at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Tamuning. Interment will follow at Our Lady of Peace Memorial Garden in Windward Hills in Yona.
Weekly Online Poll
Poll results are published every Monday in The Guam Daily Post.
- $8.5M in Advance Child Tax Credit to be mailed
- 'It’s unexpected, it’s overwhelming’: Stranger pays for meal, family plans to pay it forward
- Suspicious-looking car parked at church leads to drug arrest
- Lock down Guam for a minimum of 14 days
- Pair indicted on federal drug charges
- Storm Update (12:30 p.m.): Tropical storm warning now in effect; officials urge residents to take precautionary action
- New business expands during challenging time
- Vice speaker in Arizona hospital following ‘serious car accident’
- Family pet rescued after 40-foot fall off Maite cliff line
- Tropical Depression 20W formed east-southeast of Guam; officials urge community to prepare